SEA KAYAKING GETAWAY
Sea Kayak the peaceful waters of the Inland Sea.
Add this package for $301 to any two night or longer stay – save $67
Leave your work, board the ferry at Horseshoe Bay and enjoy the beautiful scenery of mountains, ocean and islands for forty minutes. Drive along the coastal highway and half an hour later you’ll arrive at Sechelt.
Settle in to your accommodations, relax on the deck and shift into ‘Coast style’. When you feel like dinner, head for Daphnes or Sushi 5517 and enjoy a casual dining experience.
The following day – Sleep late, have a relaxing breakfast and enjoy your coffee by the beach. After a late breakfast you can head off to the beach with Chris who give you a lesson that matches your skill level. Chris specializes in first time kayakers so you can be assured of a fun and safe time on the water as you learn the basic skills of recreational sea kayaking. If you are more experienced take on the challenge of wet exits, bracing or eskimo rolls. Either way you will have an exciting day of kayaking.
Chris will guide you on a personalized tour of the inlet and we will stop at one or two of the local marine parks for lunch and who know………if the water is warm maybe even a swim.. Keep your eyes peeled for eagles, Dolphins, herons and seals. There are plenty.
Upon your return, slip into the spa, and relax. Later, head for a great dinner, and another great view, at The Blue Heron Inn with a $50 dinner gift certificate.
Next day – Get up at your leisure and after a gourmet breakfast, take your coffee out on the deck and plan your day. We suggest the Smuggler’s Cove hike where the trail leads you through forest along the cove to the open ocean that looks out to Vancouver Island. Wildlife is abundant both on land and in the water. Pick a view point and enjoy a picnic lunch in the sunshine. Afterwards make your way back down the coast to Gibsons and then to the ferry for the return trip home.
The Sea Kayaking Getaway Package for Two includes:
- Two full – 2 course hot breakfasts each day for two people served to your private suite.
- Romantic dinner for 2 – $50 gift certificate for The Blue Heron fine dining restaurant
- A three hour recreational sea kayak introductory lesson and guided tour for two
- Energizing lunch during the kayak lesson
- All kayak equipment and safety gear is provided
- Had a work out…muscles tired? Need a massage? Let us know at the time of booking this package we’ll add 2 Relaxing 50 Min Massage Treatments at the end of your tourNote: please be sure to let us know your choice of timing when booking your escape.