Welcome to the Tuwanek Hotel and Waters Edge Day Spa.
This luxurious, 5 star waterfront destination is located on the picturesque Sunshine Coast of British Columbia , Canada. Imagine a majestic 40 minute ferry ride from Vancouver, BC, then a short leisurely, scenic drive which features nature interspersed with ocean views. Situated slightly north of Sechelt, the Tuwanek Hotel is set within a quaint, rural landscape reminiscent of an era when life was simpler. Whether you seek romance, an elegant environment, the opportunity to commune with nature, or just yearn for breathtaking scenery to nurture waning spirits... this jewel awaits treasure hunters of all kinds!
The Tuwanek Hotel is more like an old world, rustic Inn than a hotel. West-Coast style shingled siding compliments stained planks and cream co lour trim. In summer months, a blooming and fragrant English style garden greets guests. The Inn sits right at the ocean's edge on a historical piece of property, now attractively terraced. Stunning views and points of interest catch the eye from every direction. Owners, Chris and Krista Cutlan, delight in presenting guests with a casual, relaxed environment. People "Come as Guests... Return as Friends." This facility offers something for everyone, but be forewarned! Come prepared to fall in love with the area... many repetitive guests have actually become neighbors!
Luxurious Amenities include spacious, themed celebrity styled suites reminiscent of the old classic movies. They are certainly fit for the famous! Each imaginative suite is individually and appropriately named for its distinct, sophisticated style. The African Queen, Casablanca and Sunset Beach Suite are each tastefully decorated with king and queen size canopied beds, fireplaces and claw foot tubs. The ambiance is dreamy, romantic, yet still appeals to both genders. Suites spill over onto private verandas. Each are picture perfect for soaking up the serene setting and ocean views. Sunsets are simply dazzling and a spectacular vision to behold.
Comparable self contained cottages are also available and amply named. Wildberry Cottage, Creekside Log Cottage, the Tree House Cottage: Timberloft Cottage and Herons Return all are artfully designed, unique and inviting. All come with private hot tubs and fire-pits as well as complimentary wi-fi and BBQ’s.
The Inn incorporates enticing features such as:
- In Suite Wood Burning Fireplaces
- Oceanfront Hot Tub
- Old Fashioned Slipper Tubs in Suite
- Large Walk in Showers in suite
- King and Queen Bedrooms with Cloud Sleeper Beds
- Private Secure Complimentary High Speed Wi Fi in each Suite
- Private in Suite Dining
- Ipads in each Suite so you can check email and stay in touch
- Net Flix and Apple TV in suite
- Complimentary Digital Newspapers
- Full Day Spa on Site
- Full Hot Two Course Breakfast Served at your leisure 8.30-10.30 am
- Private Top Floor Oceanfront Decks
- Snack Kitchens in Suite
- Charming Gazebo with Loungers
- Waterfront Decks overlooking the Ocean
- Fire pit on the Waterfront
- BBQ for Guest Use on the Oceanfront
- Walk on Beach with easy access for Swimming
- Complimentary Snack Bar located in The Club Room
- Sea Kayaking
- Complimentary Paddle Boards
- Complimentary Pedal Boat
- Shore Diving right off the front of the Hotel
- Snow Shoeing and Winter Activities in the area
A movie theatre, games room and a small business centre is also located within The Club Room. Of significance, a full hot two course hot breakfast is included with hotel accommodations, and served in suite. Tasty as well as creative, these culinary delights have been published by The Best Place to Kiss Cookbook!